Back to School

 The First Week of School can be Hard!

As a teacher, I am always filled with excitement and a bit of anxiety for the first week of school. Who will be my students? How will I be able to teach them with limited time? Will they even cooperate when asked to do a task?

Then I walk into my new school and saw all their sweet little faces and I feel excited to begin the year.

Children often have similar feelings of excitement and nervousness. Especially when starting with a new teacher or even at a new school. Parents and teachers have the job of making them feel less anxious and easing that transition. Parents may pack a favourite treat or write a note for their lunch box. Teachers give smiles, high fives and say "You can do it!" to students who are feeling a bit nervous. The main thing is to not put our feelings onto the children. If you show excitement, they will catch that feeling. Happy September!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Tutoring service